NYC LONG COVID MEMORIAL
This May, at Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, 40 NYC community groups come together, making memorials to mark the many losses of the last years, a project called NAMING THE LOST.
Our group, Long COVID Justice NYC, invites you to join our efforts to make a LONG COVID MEMORIAL.
We invite any New York City folks living with Long COVID and lingering COVID symptoms (of any form, whether diagnosed or not) to participate. We love and welcome YOU no matter how few spoons you have to contribute, we want to hold space for our beloved community to have a place to grieve and feel held, together.
Ways to participate :
• We created a simple online form where you can share your story by adding images, text, or just your name. We will print each submission out and include it in our section of the memorial at the cemetery.
• If you don’t have much energy, but want your presence included in this memorial, just enter your first name (or nickname) and how long you have been sick from Long COVID or associated diseases into the first page of the form. We will make a spot for you.
• The form includes short writing prompts that you might find useful: respond to any or all of them. Keep in mind, we’ll only have room in this memorial for short responses – 2-5 sentences per person!
• You can also send an image, with a short caption. Images will be presented in a 5×8 inch horizontal rectangle. JPGs, TIFFs, or PDFs all work.
• ONLINE WORKSHOP (optional): Saturday, April 8 at 2pm EST on Zoom. We will facilitate writing and reflection, with time to share and connect with other NYC Long COVID folk. Email [email protected] for link!
Please submit your response by Wednesday, April 19 (new extended deadline!)
For questions, assistance, access needs, (or if you would really would like to send us something to include for the memorial, via snail mail) please be in touch : [email protected]
Who we are
This is organized by a group of New Yorkers with Long COVID who are members of Long COVID Justice NYC. Join our action alert list here.